Explain the various red blood cell components and derivatives used for transfusion.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- packed red blood cells
- leukocyte-reduced red blood cells (LRBC).
- What is the shelf life for packed red blood cells?
- What is the shelf life for platelets?
- What are the benefits of transfusing LRBC?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.