CTE Resource Center - Verso - Medical Laboratory Technology II Task 911232225
Describe basic human anatomy and physiology in relation to immunohematology/transfusion.
Description should include the following basic anatomical structures and body cavities:
- Structure and functions of blood
- Structures and functions of blood vessels and blood circulation
- Structure and function of the lymphatic system
- What are the purposes of red blood cells? White blood cells? Platelets?
- How do blood tests help diagnose certain conditions or diseases?
- How does blood travel through the body?
- What component of a red cell helps maintain blood oxygen level?
- What is immunity? What is the relationship between immunity and the lymphatic system?
- Why is immunity a critical concept in health care?
- What is the lymphatic system? What roles does it play in healthy body function?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events
Biomedical Laboratory Science