Perform PCR testing.
DefinitionPerformance should include
- reagent preparation
- equipment preparation
- proper loading of the gel
- proper use of the PCR thermocycler.
- At what temperature does denaturization occur?
- What buffer is used in PCR testing?
- What is the principle of a thermocycler?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand common mechanisms of inheritance and protein synthesis. Key concepts include
- cell growth and division;
- gamete formation;
- cell specialization;
- prediction of inheritance of traits based on the Mendelian laws of heredity;
- historical development of the structural model of DNA;
- genetic variation;
- the structure, function, and replication of nucleic acids;
- events involved in the construction of proteins;
- use, limitations, and misuse of genetic information; and
- exploration of the impact of DNA technologies.