Interpret basic medical laboratory terminology related to molecular diagnostics.
DefinitionInterpretation should include terminology such as
- restriction enzymes
- probe amplification
- What gel composition can be used in PCR?
- What processes are used to analyze STIs?
- Does a positive molecular test always indicate an active infection? Why, or why not?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.