Describe credentialing in the medical laboratory technology profession.
DefinitionDescription should include credentialing associated with the following organizations:
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Nurse Practitioner Association (NPA)
- What nationally recognized credentialing is available for medical laboratory technology personnel at various educational levels?
- What is the relationship between credentialing and scope of practice?
- How can the attainment of national credentials affect employment opportunities? Career goals?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Determine academic subject matter, in addition to high school graduation requirements, necessary for pursuing a health science career.