Describe basic human anatomy and physiology in relation to hemostasis/coagulation.
DefinitionDescription should include the following basic anatomical structures and body cavities:
- Structure and functions of blood
- Structure and functions of the heart
- Structures and functions of blood vessels and blood circulation
- What are the purposes of red blood cells? White blood cells? Platelets?
- How do blood tests help diagnose certain conditions or diseases?
- How does blood travel through the body?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.