CTE Resource Center - Verso - Medical Laboratory Technology II Task 1509003495
Perform inoculation of patient specimen.
Performance should include plating on media that enables differentiation between gram negative and gram positive organisms. It should also include an explanation of media and their purposes:
- CNA (colistin naladixic acid) agar isolates gram-positive bacteria.
- EMB (eosin methylene blue) agar isolates gram-negative bacteria.
- MacConkey agar isolates gram-negative bacteria.
- How does CNA agar isolate gram-positive bacteria?
- Which media would be useful in isolating E. coli? What components of the agar make this possible?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events
Biomedical Laboratory Science