Explain the importance of collection requirements for the various specimens used in microbiological studies.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- throat swabs
- blood cultures
- CSF specimens
- urine cultures.
- Which numbered tube is used for a CSF culture and susceptibility?
- How long can it take for blood culture results?
- What is the appropriate specimen type for a urine culture?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.