Interpret basic medical laboratory terminology related to microbiology.
DefinitionInterpretation should include terminology such as
- normal flora
- opportunistic pathogen
- gram positive
- gram negative
- zone of inhibition.
- What is a facultative anaerobe?
- What is gamma hemolysis?
- What is beta hemolysis?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.