Describe communication topics for caregivers and family members.
Description should include
- basic knowledge about opioids
- signs of addiction
- treatment options for addiction
- naloxone training for caregivers
- legal issues related to misuse.
- What rights do caregivers have in regard to medical information of the abuser?
- What legal steps might the caregiver or family have to take for treatment?
- Where can the caregiver or family members receive naloxone training? Are children of opioid abusers eligible for training?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.