Describe the physical and biological factors that have an effect on radiation response.
DefinitionDescription should include
- the energy level of radiation
- the total amount administered
- the timeframe in which the dose is given
- the metabolic state of tissue
- tissue oxygenation
- disease progression
- the age of the patient
- skin pigmentation
- structural morphology.
- What are the physical factors that affect radiation response?
- What are the biological factors that affect radiation response?
- What is meant by metabolic state?
- What is meant by oxygenation?
- What is disease progression? How does that affect radiation treatment?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.