Compare the primary interactions of X-rays with matter.
DefinitionComparison should address the differences and similarities among
- the Compton effect
- photoelectric absorption and attenuation
- coherent scatter
- pair production.
- What is the difference between attenuation and absorption?
- What causes scatter radiation?
- How can scatter radiation be reduced?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.