Describe mathematical units of radiation and radioactivity.
DefinitionDescription should cite base and derived units of scientific systems of radiation measurement to include
- mass, length, and time
- exposure, dose, effective dose, and radioactivity.
The description should also distinguish between standard units and the International System of Units (SI).
- Why is measurement of radiation exposure important?
- What is radioactivity?
- What are the basic units of measurement?
- How do units relate to the decimal system?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.