Label dose-response relationship curves that emerge when radiation exposure/time intersects with response occurrences.
DefinitionLabeling of graphs should specify the radiation exposure response type as
- linear or nonlinear
- threshold or nonthreshold
- breast cancer.
- What are the various dose-response relationships?
- What are the differences between linear and nonlinear responses?
- How can a pathology be measured by dose-response relationships?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
The student will write in a variety of forms to include persuasive/argumentative reflective, interpretive, and analytic with an emphasis on persuasion/argumentation.
- Apply components of a recursive writing process for multiple purposes to create a focused, organized, and coherent piece of writing to address a specific audience and purpose.
- Produce arguments in writing that develop a thesis to demonstrate knowledgeable judgments, address counterclaims, and provide effective conclusions.
- Use a variety of rhetorical strategies to clarify and defend a position organizing claims, counterclaims, and evidence in a sustained and logical sequence.
- Blend multiple forms of writing including embedding a narrative to produce effective essays.
- Adapt evidence, vocabulary, voice, and tone to audience, purpose, and situation.
- Use words, phrases, clauses, and varied syntax to connect all parts of the argument creating cohesion from the information presented.
- Revise writing for clarity of content, depth of information, and technique of presentation.
- Write and revise to a standard acceptable both in the workplace and in postsecondary education.
- Write to clearly describe personal qualifications for potential occupational or educational opportunities.