Describe documentation procedures related to pharmacologic administration.
DefinitionDescription should include
- guidelines for safe administration and usage
- attending technologist/signatory.
- Why is documentation a key component of pharmacologic administration?
- What are some typical mistakes that can be made in administering pharmacologics?
- Why is the time and date of drug administration essential information for responding to a medical crisis?
- Why is it important to double-check the labels on pharmacologics before administering to the patient?
- Why is the expiration date on pharmacologics significant?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Select, demonstrate and interpret diagnostic procedures.