Evaluate chemical and physical asepsis techniques.
Evaluation should include
- chemical techniques, such as
- antibacterial cleansers
- antiseptic cleansers
- physical techniques, such as
- washing hands frequently
- covering the mouth when coughing
- covering open wounds
- wearing a mask and gloves.
- When are masks most effective?
- Does length of time matter when washing hands?
- What is the difference between an antiseptic and an antibacterial cleanser? What are the appropriate uses of each?
- Why should standard precautions be strictly followed?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Identify existing and potential hazards to clients, coworkers, visitors, and self in the healthcare workplace.