Identify immobilization techniques designed to reduce injury and radiation exposure.
DefinitionIdentification should include the purposes of specialty equipment (e.g., backboards, cervical collars, lifts, draw sheets).
- What situation would require the removal of a cervical collar?
- What technique should one use to move a patient with a fractured hip onto the X-ray table?
- What are the consequences if a fracture is not properly immobilized?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Identify existing and potential hazards to clients, coworkers, visitors, and self in the healthcare workplace.