Obtain a clinical history.
DefinitionThe clinical history should be
- taken directly from the patient or guardian and relevant to the medical complaint
- correlated with the patient’s existing medical record.
- What are the components of a clinical history?
- What information is critical to gather from a patient’s existing record?
- Why would information concerning allergies be important?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will make planned persuasive/argumentative, multimodal, interactive presentations collaboratively and individually.
- Select and effectively use multimodal tools to design and develop presentation content.
- Credit information sources.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Anticipate and address alternative or opposing perspectives and counterclaims.
- Evaluate the various techniques used to construct arguments in multimodal presentations.
- Use a variety of strategies to listen actively and speak using appropriate discussion rules with awareness of verbal and nonverbal cues.
- Critique effectiveness of multimodal presentations.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Communicate key diagnostic information to healthcare workers and patients in an accurate and timely manner.
Explain procedures and goals to the patient/client accurately and effectively, using strategies to respond to questions and concerns.