Describe the basic needs of patients according to Maslow’s hierarchy.
Description should include the five-tier model of human needs, including
- social (i.e., love and belonging)
- How can the radiologic technologist make the patient feel safe?
- What techniques could the radiologic technologist use to involve patients in their own care?
- What environmental factors affect a patient's physical comfort?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Explain procedures and goals to the patient/client accurately and effectively, using strategies to respond to questions and concerns.
Explain the healthcare worker’s role within their department, their organization, and the overall healthcare system.