Complete a nationally recognized certification.
Completion should result in successful fulfillment of the course requirements of a nationally recognized program, such as the American Heart Association (AHA), in
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- CPR/automated defibrillator (AED)
- basic life support (BLS).
- Why is it necessary to regularly update one’s training for BLS?
- What are the ABCDs of BLS? Why must they be done in a certain order?
- Why must everyone stand clear when a defibrillator is in use?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.