Prepare a sample application and associated forms for licensure.
DefinitionPreparation for new graduates should include
- verification of certification (Form E)
- verification of education (Form L)
- a completed sample application (VDHP website)
- any other documentation pertaining to criminal history, if necessary.
Forms and applications are available at the Virginia Department of Health Professions.
- Where should one send forms once they are complete?
- What is the cost to apply for licensure?
- What forms would need to be notarized?
- What types of crimes would prevent you from obtaining certification or licensure?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will make planned persuasive/argumentative, multimodal, interactive presentations collaboratively and individually.
- Select and effectively use multimodal tools to design and develop presentation content.
- Credit information sources.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Anticipate and address alternative or opposing perspectives and counterclaims.
- Evaluate the various techniques used to construct arguments in multimodal presentations.
- Use a variety of strategies to listen actively and speak using appropriate discussion rules with awareness of verbal and nonverbal cues.
- Critique effectiveness of multimodal presentations.
The student will write in a variety of forms to include persuasive/argumentative reflective, interpretive, and analytic with an emphasis on persuasion/argumentation.
- Apply components of a recursive writing process for multiple purposes to create a focused, organized, and coherent piece of writing to address a specific audience and purpose.
- Produce arguments in writing that develop a thesis to demonstrate knowledgeable judgments, address counterclaims, and provide effective conclusions.
- Use a variety of rhetorical strategies to clarify and defend a position organizing claims, counterclaims, and evidence in a sustained and logical sequence.
- Blend multiple forms of writing including embedding a narrative to produce effective essays.
- Adapt evidence, vocabulary, voice, and tone to audience, purpose, and situation.
- Use words, phrases, clauses, and varied syntax to connect all parts of the argument creating cohesion from the information presented.
- Revise writing for clarity of content, depth of information, and technique of presentation.
- Write and revise to a standard acceptable both in the workplace and in postsecondary education.
- Write to clearly describe personal qualifications for potential occupational or educational opportunities.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Determine academic subject matter, in addition to high school graduation requirements, necessary for pursuing a health science career.