Research requirements for continuing education and specializations in respiratory therapy.
DefinitionResearch should include
- the difference between attending an accredited and a nonaccredited program
- academic and clinical requirements (associate degree required for licensure)
- ensuring that transfer requirements between programs may vary
- special modalities
- postgraduate programs
- maintaining continuing education requirements after licensure.
- What is the difference between national and regional accreditation?
- How many hours of continuing education do you need for recertification?
- Who would approve continuing education credits?
- What are the requirements for clinical and academic courses?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and organize information from a variety of credible resources to produce a research product.
- Frame, analyze, and synthesize information to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Critically evaluate the accuracy, quality, and validity of the information.
- Demonstrate ethical use of the Internet.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Determine academic subject matter, in addition to high school graduation requirements, necessary for pursuing a health science career.