CTE Resource Center - Verso - Respiratory Therapy II Task 1423769749
Identify signs and symptoms of respiratory distress.
Identification should include
- increased work of breathing
- use of accessory muscles
- nasal flaring
- altered mental status
- abnormal breathing patterns
- respiratory rate
- noisy breathing (e.g., stridor, grunting)
- prolonged exhalation
- pursed-lip breathing.
- What are the components of an initial assessment for a patient in respiratory distress?
- What is the effect of purse-lipped breathing in respiration?
- What is stridor? When is it heard?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Knowledge Test: Pathophysiology