Outline basic principles of sterile technique.
DefinitionOutline should include how to establish and maintain a sterile field (e.g., use of personal protective equipment, preparation of materials, avoidance of contact with nonsterile items and surfaces).
- How is personal protective equipment used to ensure sterile environments?
- Why is a sterile field necessary in some instances of respiratory therapy?
- What could be a consequence of failure to maintain a sterile field?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand relationships between cell structure and function. Key concepts include
- evidence supporting the cell theory;
- characteristics of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells;
- similarities between the activities of the organelles in a single cell and a whole organism;
- the cell membrane model; and
- the impact of surface area to volume ratio on cell division, material transport, and other life processes.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Identify existing and potential hazards to clients, coworkers, visitors, and self in the healthcare workplace.