Outline the chain of infection.
DefinitionOutline should identify the source, host, and transmission vehicles for bacteria and viruses.
- What are some typical ways an infection is spread?
- What is a host?
- What is the difference between a bacteria and a virus?
- Why are airborne diseases a particular concern in an age of global travel?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand relationships between cell structure and function. Key concepts include
- evidence supporting the cell theory;
- characteristics of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells;
- similarities between the activities of the organelles in a single cell and a whole organism;
- the cell membrane model; and
- the impact of surface area to volume ratio on cell division, material transport, and other life processes.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Identify existing and potential hazards to clients, coworkers, visitors, and self in the healthcare workplace.