Examine safeguards to address the risk factors associated with oxygen therapy in medical imaging.
DefinitionExamination should cite
- the need for caution when performing radiographic procedures on patients receiving oxygen therapy
- safety issues when oxygen is in use (e.g., no flames or high heat sources)
- MRI safety.
Examination should also consider patient-comfort aspects of oxygen therapy to include
- ensuring the maintenance of physician-ordered oxygen flow rate
- ensuring the tubing is properly connected and free of kinks
- ensuring proper positioning of mask.
- Why is it important to compare the flow meter gauge on the oxygen tank against the doctor's order?
- Why is oxygen dangerous in a fire?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Identify existing and potential hazards to clients, coworkers, visitors, and self in the healthcare workplace.