Obtain a clinical history.
DefinitionThe clinical history should be
- obtained directly from the patient or guardian and be relevant to the medical complaint
- correlated with the patient's existing medical record.
- What are the components of a clinical history?
- What information is critical to gather from a patient’s existing record?
- Why would information concerning allergies be important?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Explain procedures and goals to the patient/client accurately and effectively, using strategies to respond to questions and concerns.