Differentiate among various patient positions.
DefinitionDifferentiation should include
- high Fowler’s
- reverse Trendelenberg
- recumbent Trendelenberg
- left/right lateral
- What is the benefit of the prone position in patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)?
- How would you encourage a reluctant patient to change their body position?
- What are some of the possible complications of placing a patient in the Tredelenberg position?
- What is the best patient position for treating dsypnea?
- What is the best patient position to help prevent SIDS in infants?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Demonstrate the principles of body mechanics for positioning, transferring and transporting of patients/clients, and perform them without injury to the patient/client or self.