Describe the scope of practice for a respiratory therapist.
DefinitionDescription should include
- administering pharmacological, diagnostic, and therapeutic agents to implement a treatment prescribed by a doctor
- transcribing and implementing a doctor’s written or oral orders for respiratory therapy
- observing and monitoring signs, symptoms, reactions and response to treatment an diagnostic testing
- implementing respiratory care procedures based on observation or doctor’s orders, or in an emergency.
- What duties does a respiratory therapist share with other healthcare practitioners?
- What duties are specifically performed by a respiratory therapist?
- What organizations describe the scope of practice for respiratory therapy?
- How is a pulmonary function test technique-dependent?
- What is the role of the respiratory therapist in pulmonary rehabilitation?
- How is patient outcome affected by an accurate respiratory assessment?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Explain the healthcare worker’s role within their department, their organization, and the overall healthcare system.
Evaluate the roles and responsibilities of individual members as part of the healthcare team and explain their role in promoting the delivery of quality health care.