Describe three acute syndromes and symptoms associated with oxygen therapy.
DefinitionDescription should include the concurrent symptom progression of
- oxygen toxicity
- CO2 retention
- diving-related emergencies
- How is oxygen toxicity prevented in neonatal ventilator management?
- Who is a good candidate for hyberbaric chamber therapy?
- What patient diagnosis is most likely to be at risk for hypoxic drive?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.