Describe diseases associated with pulmonary anatomy.
DefinitionDescription should include obstructive and restrictive pathologies such as
- acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- pulmonary fibrosis
- lung cancer
- Where is the site of pathology in COPD?
- What are the major body organs involved in cystic fibrosis?
- How are the auscultation findings for pneumonia different from asthma or bronchitis?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Identify existing and potential hazards to clients, coworkers, visitors, and self in the healthcare workplace.