Describe the transmission and prevention of infectious diseases associated with respiratory therapy.
DefinitionDescription should include signs, symptoms, and measures associated with
- Avian flu
- severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).
- How does a susceptible host contribute to the transmission of infectious disease in the community?
- What are common reservoirs found in the home that spread infectious disease?
- What is the role of zoonotic disease in the field of emerging and re-emerging epidemics?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Identify existing and potential hazards to clients, coworkers, visitors, and self in the healthcare workplace.