Analyze physical factors that have an impact on the patient’s respiratory status.
DefinitionAnalysis should include physical findings, such as
- general appearance
- venous distention
- accessory muscle activity
- chest wall movement
- breathing pattern
- airway (e.g., macroglossia, neck range of motion)
- cough, sputum amount, character
- Apgar score, age, transillumination of chest.
- What adjustments may be needed to accommodate special needs patients?
- What technical factors would need to be adjusted when treating a young patient vs. an elderly patient?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand life functions of Archaea, Bacteria, and Eukarya. Key concepts include
- comparison of their metabolic activities;
- maintenance of homeostasis;
- how the structures and functions vary among and within the Eukarya kingdoms of protists, fungi, plants, and animals, including humans;
- human health issues, human anatomy, and body systems;
- how viruses compare with organisms; and
- evidence supporting the germ theory of infectious disease.