CTE Resource Center - Verso - Physical/Occupational Therapy II Task 1018606905
Compare the anatomical features of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar vertebrae that enable identification of these vertebrae.
Comparison should include
- cervical vertebrae (atlas, axis, odontoid process/dens, and transverse foramen)
- thoracic vertebrae (costal facets)
- lumbar vertebrae
- comparative landmarks (vertebral body, spinous processes, transverse processes lamina, pedicle, intervertebral foramen, superior and inferior articulating facets, and vertebral foramen).
- Why is the first cervical vertebra (Atlas) named after the Greek mythological figure?
- What functional purpose does the transverse foramen serve?
- What other names are used for the facet joints?