Identify anatomical positions.
DefinitionIdentification should include the following directional terminology and positioning:
- What is anatomical position (vs. fundamental position)?
- How are the hands placed in an anatomical position?
- Why is anatomical position important?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand life functions of Archaea, Bacteria, and Eukarya. Key concepts include
- comparison of their metabolic activities;
- maintenance of homeostasis;
- how the structures and functions vary among and within the Eukarya kingdoms of protists, fungi, plants, and animals, including humans;
- human health issues, human anatomy, and body systems;
- how viruses compare with organisms; and
- evidence supporting the germ theory of infectious disease.