CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 387343302
Describe communication strategies.
Description should include
- elements of effective communication with client, client’s family, and home health care team members
- the importance of effective communication by a home health aide
- methods to make communication more accurate
- forms of communication (i.e., verbal, nonverbal, written)
- barriers to communication
- strategies to address barriers to communication
- use of interpreter services.
- listening skills.
- What are some ways to improve listening skills?
- What are some ways to improve verbal communication skills?
- How can a home health aide communicate with a client who is hearing impaired?
- How can a home health aide communicate with a client who is experiencing disorientation and/or sensory loss?
- How can a home health aide communicate effectively with clients with each type of sensory deficit?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events