CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 355586367
Transport a client, using a wheelchair.
Transportation should include following guidelines and the client care plan for
- maneuvering a manual wheelchair
- maneuvering a motorized wheelchair
- adjusting wheelchair parts
- propelling a wheelchair on different types of surfaces.
- When a client’s knees are higher than his/her hips, which parts of a wheelchair need adjusting?
- What environmental adaptations are available in the community to accommodate wheelchair users?
- How can a person in a wheelchair safely get in and out of a car? Go up a curb? Enter and use a public bathroom?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events