CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 355586366
Assist a client in ambulation, including the use of assistive devices.
Assistance should include following guidelines and the client care plan for
- clients in safe ambulation using various equipment (e.g., walkers, canes, crutches)
- adjustment of assistive devices.
- What factors may affect a client’s ability to ambulate?
- If a client's left leg is injured, in which hand should he/she use a cane? Why?
- How can a home health aide determine the adjustments needed for assistive devices?
- What should a home health aide do if a client begins to fall while ambulating?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events