CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 325110981
Demonstrate proper body mechanics.
Demonstration should include
- elements of good body mechanics (e.g., base of support, proximity to load, minimal twisting, avoidance of repetitive motions, use of large muscles, and posture).
- techniques for standing, sitting, and moving for the personal protection of a home health aide
- techniques for moving, transferring, and lifting clients.
- What types of devices can help you transfer and lift clients?
- Why is good posture important for a home health aide?
- What are the potential consequences of not using proper body mechanics?
- When lifting, how can bodily injury be prevented?
- How should you position yourself to pick up a heavy object?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events