CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 325110980
Implement standard precautions.
Implementation should include
- defining standard precautions and identifying OSHA requirements
- identifying and demonstrating aseptic techniques
- listing guidelines for standard precautions
- demonstrating the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- identifying blood-borne pathogens
- demonstrating the use of precautions against blood-borne pathogens
- identifying the proper disposal of sharps
- identifying guidelines for removal of potentially contaminated linen and other supplies
- distinguishing between hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials
- identifying how to address spills.
- How would you differentiate between the disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials?
- What are the most common types of personal protective equipment (PPE)? What is the use of each?
- What are the proper ways to don and remove PPE?
- In what scenarios is the use of PPE mandatory?
- What client situations may require the use of higher-level precautions?
- Why are the elderly at a higher risk for infection?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events