CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 30139137
Measure and record vital signs as prescribed in the care plan.
Measuring and recording should include
- ways to measure temperature
- ways to measure pulse
- ways to measure respiration
- ways to measure blood pressure
- ways to measure pain
- prompt reporting of abnormal findings to the proper person
- procedure for recording measurements according to agency documentation guidelines (e.g., graphing).
- What are the normal ranges for each of the measurement in the above list?
- What are the different ways to obtain a client's temperature measurement?
- How can a home health aide determine which method to use to obtain a client's temperature?
- When should a home health aide report abnormal findings?
- What could be the consequences of not reporting abnormal findings?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events