CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 30139136
Measure and record intake and output as prescribed in the client care plan.
Measuring and recording should include
- use of the metric system and U.S. customary measure, including conversion between systems
- ways to measure fluid intake
- ways to measure fluid output
- ways to measure percentage of food and fluid consumed
- procedure for recording measurement according to agency documentation guidelines.
- Why is documentation such a vital responsibility of a home health aide? How does it relate to reimbursement?
- In regard to documentation, what is meant by the expression, “If it is not documented, it didn’t happen”?
- Why is the metric system used for measuring and documenting intake and output?
- Why are accurate intake and output measurements essential?
- How would you describe measuring output from a Foley catheter?
- How do you measure the amount of fluid intake?
- How do you measure the amount of food intake?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events