CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781492030
Describe the role of a home health aide in caring for the terminally ill.
Description should include
- ways to provide physical and emotional care, including comfort measures and communication techniques
- ways to assess pain level
- ways to deal with personal feelings about death and dying.
- What should a home health aide do to help a client face his/her own death?
- What interventions to pain management may be available, other than medications?
- How can a home health aide separate his/her feelings about death and dying from the situation at hand?
- When is hospice care available to a client?
- When is palliative care available to a client?
- What are special qualities/characteristics that a hospice home health aide should have?
- What are examples of behaviors a home health aide may exhibit that may indicate possible burn-out?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events