CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781492024
Prepare a simple breakfast, lunch, and supper.
Preparation should include preparation of nutritious meals based on the client care plan and ChooseMyPlate guidelines.
- Why is it important to read and understand food labels?
- What steps should a home health aide use to prepare nutritious meals for a client?
- What resources are available for determining the nutritional value of foods?
- How can a home health aide share nutritional information with a client?
- Why is food presentation important?
- What responsibility can a home health aide take for choosing healthy foods for a client?
- What is the importance of working cooperatively to prepare nutritious food?
- Who is responsible for ensuring that safety and sanitation practices are followed?
- Who is responsible for making sure that the supplies needed to prepare meals are available?
- How can a home health aide prepare a meal for an elderly client with a smaller throat and older taste buds?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events