CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781492022
Demonstrate the use of kitchen utensils and appliances.
Demonstration should include
- explaining the importance of matching the proper tool to the task
- safe handling and use of sharp knives
- correct use of adaptive devices and utensils
- checking the operating instructions specific to the types of appliances used in the home.
- How can the proper utensil for a particular task be determined?
- What should a home health aide do if the needed utensil is not available in the client's kitchen?
- What are basic safety practices involved with handling and using sharp knives?
- What are common accidents involving the use of kitchen utensils and appliances?
- What preventive measures can be taken to avoid accidents involving kitchen utensils?
- What preventive measures can be taken to avoid accidents involving kitchen appliances, especially a cook top and oven?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events