CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781492021
Demonstrate sanitary food handling and storage practices.
Demonstration should include
- use of food and refrigeration thermometers
- appropriate procedures for handling, storing, and thawing fruits, vegetables, meats, and dairy products
- precautions used to prevent cross-contamination
- proper hand-washing techniques
- checking expiration dates and recalls on food items.
- How can a home health aide find the appropriate procedures for handling, storing, and thawing fruits, vegetables, meats, and dairy products?
- What is the difference between cleaning and sanitizing?
- What are the different methods for sanitizing work surfaces and equipment?
- Which sanitizing methods (e.g., iodine, bleach, commercial sanitizing agent, steam heat) are most effective?
- What are the major causes of food spoilage?
- What are the warning signs associated with spoiled food and contamination?
- How can you avoid cross-contamination when preparing and storing potentially hazardous foods?
- Should food ever be used after the expiration date has passed? Why, or why not?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events