CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781492015
Demonstrate feeding techniques based on the client care plan.
Demonstration should include
- addressing a client’s individual and special needs (e.g., tube feedings)
- providing a client with assistive devices (e.g., plate guard, special utensils)
- positioning a client according to the care plan
- preparing a client for a meal (e.g., hand washing, dentures, clothing protectors)
- supervising self-feeding
- alternating liquids and solids
- following appropriate guidelines for feeding both a self-care and a dependent client.
- What precautions must be taken when administering a tube feeding?
- Why is it advisable to alternate liquids and solids?
- What is a safe position for feeding a client?
- What must a home health aide do to prepare a client to eat?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events