CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781492014
Explain dietary needs for persons in various age groups.
Explanation should include
- age-appropriate diets and portion sizes
- choking hazards
- nutritional needs across the life span
- hydration needs
- nutritious menu plans in accordance with a client’s budget, culture, and care plan.
- Why do normal diets vary for persons according to their age?
- How can a home health aide plan nutritious menus in accordance with a client's budget, culture, and care plan?
- Under what circumstances should a home health aide try to modify a client's accustomed diet?
- How can a home health aide communicate information about normal, nutritious diets to a client and a client's family members when necessary?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Knowledge Test: Nutrition
Health Professions Events
Extemporaneous Health Poster