CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781492009
Identify fire safety procedures for the home.
Identification should include
- location of fire extinguishers
- use of fire extinguishers (P-A-S-S)
- use of smoke detectors, including battery check
- proper emergency response to fire (R-A-C-E)
- use of evacuation plan
- precautions needed when using oxygen.
- What sequence of events should you implement when responding to a fire in the home?
- What behaviors are essential in an emergency?
- How can you identify areas and situations with a high potential for fire?
- What are the three types of fire extinguishers? How do their use and operation differ?
- What safety precautions should be taken with a client receiving oxygen?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events