CTE Resource Center - Verso - Home Health Aide Task 1781492004
Demonstrate techniques for the safe use of home electrical equipment.
Demonstration should include precautions involved with
- using extension cords
- replacing light bulbs
- disposing of batteries
- using large and small appliances
- using personal electrical equipment (e.g., heating pad, hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor)
- using and storing electrical equipment near water sources.
- How would you summarize electrical safety procedures?
- What precautions are necessary when applying a heating pad to a client?
- Why should electrical equipment not be used near water sources?
- What can be the consequences of electrical shock?
- What are some alternative methods for battery disposal?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events
Public Service Announcement